SWIM COACH REQUIRED
Australind Swimming Club is a competitive swimming club based at the LLC in Australind. We offer swimmers a professional, caring environment in which to pursue goals and dreams, while impressing upon them the importance of resilience, commitment, hard work and enjoyment. The club won the B Grade Country Pennant in 2020 and need a new coach to help them succeed in A grade this summer season.
We are currently seeking a result driven Bronze Level Coach (or above) who is passionate about competitive swimming and coaching. The successful applicant will be tasked with designing, and coaching the designated squad utilising your experience and knowledge of best practice. You will be required to implement a program to motivate and develop our athletes with the aim to meet regional and state age targets and achieve competitive success at this level.
The successful person will embrace positive ideals and values promoting an environment in which swimmers develop self-esteem, self-confidence, discipline, effective habits and motivation to succeed.
• Plan, deliver and manage the squad’s program
• Attend target meets and club time trials when required.
• Work collaboratively with coaches, parents and the club committee & motivate squad swimmers to achieve squad swimming goals and achieve successful competitive results.
• Work with swimmers and coaches to encourage positive word of mouth and, support members’ and the Club’s Management Committee (MC) to promote and develop the club.
• Communicate in a positive, effective and timely manner with swimmers, parents and the MC.
• Attend coaches meetings and be supportive of the MC to allow effective club management.
• Participate in professional development opportunities (ASCTA, Southwest Region)
Minimum qualifications and experience at the time of appointment:
• Bronze licence (preferred) or working towards this.
• Experience and demonstrated success coaching at a high level.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to secure a Working with Children Card in WA
• Hold a current ASCTA membership (or willingness to obtain one)
Working hours and pay
• While this is a volunteer role, you will be reimbursed for attending swim meets ect.
• 6 hours face to face training per week plus occasional weekend swim meets.
• ASC coaches uniform supplied.
TO APPLY: Please email your CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kate on 0428 404 284